Leetcode Bootcamp — The Introduction

Connor Brereton
6 min readJul 16, 2019

Welcome to part 1/81 in this mega series on Leetcode problems. If you haven’t heard of Leetcode before it’s an incredible online tool that helps prepare you for the technical problem solving portion of coding interviews at top tech companies.

In this series I’m going to be covering the top 80 Leetcode data structures and algorithms questions you can do to prepare for all things software engineering interviews and prepare for your dream job at a FAANGULDAT (Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google, Uber, Lyft, Dropbox, Airbnb, Twitter).

Source: http://bit.ly/2Y76X8y

Why 80 questions?

Well, truth be told a lot of people do upwards of of 400 questions to prepare for the interview but this is pretty much known as a complete overkill by people that have been in the industry for a while.


Because doing that many problems to prepare for an interview is a signal that you’re optimizing for breadth and not depth. Simply put, rather than follow the Pareto principle and identify that 20% of problems that unlock the other 80% of solutions to these problems, you’re trying to memorize as many problems as you can and cross your fingers that you get asked these questions in your interview.

This strategy is a main reason why a lot of people bomb out of technical interviews after putting in so much…